We are searching for a Linux System Administrator to join our team supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) High Performance Computing Modernization Program (DoD HPCMP) located at the Engineering Development and Research Center (EDRC) Vicksburg, MS.
- Setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space.
- Developing and monitoring policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Responsibilities associated with successful design, support, and integration of HPC clusters (computation, storage and infrastructure), software, scheduling, and research applications in order to meet the computational needs of DoD scientists.
- Participating in the installation, integration, acceptance testing, and on-going maintenance of our HPC systems and software environment.
- Assisting with forecast resource limitations and provide recommendations for increasing the efficiency of our resources through proper scheduling and load balancing techniques.
- Solid knowledge of Linux and general Unix operating systems concepts as well as extensive systems administration experience
- Experience in multi-factor authentication platforms and solutions, and Identity Management such as OpenID, LDAP, and Kerberos.
- Security implementations using multi-factor authentication, PKI, or Kerberos and Unix OS hardening to DoD STIG standards.
- Ability to create and maintain Information Assurance (IA) compliance documentation of the Information System.
- Ability to develop and maintain documentation on system administration procedures for routine and complex tasks
- May require occasion after hours support and response to emergency situations for problem resolution
- 5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree; may be substituted with one of the following:
- 3 years of experience and a Master’s Degree
- 0 years of experience and a PhD
- Active Security+ Certification or equivalent
- Ability to obtain a Linux+ or RedHat certification within 90 days of start date
- Experience with compiling, installing, and porting software.
- Ability to understand application scaling issues related to problem resolution, algorithm choice.
- Experience with Storage Architectures: SAN, SAS, FC, SATA, Bandwidth, Performance
- Ability to manage development of appropriate application benchmarks, analyze results and determine optimal configurations for processor type/speed, size of memory/cache, and memory interconnect fabric for customer problem domains
Active Top Secret Security Clearance